Tuesday, November 2, 2010

All my bags are packed

Well, almost. My donation bags are packed with all kinds of goodies that have been donated from some of the most unexpected sources - my dad's fiance's sister's church in Ohio (thank you!), and the Oral B rep from my dear neighbor's office. One of the most fun things about getting ready for this trip has been watching God work in these unexpected ways.

More importantly, my anxiety has been taken away (mostly - still some times that I am praying through) and replaced with a tentative excitement. We had a great team meeting on Sunday afternoon with lots of prayer time. I had been feeling terribly guilty about leaving A, but during that time of prayer I realized that, for me, being a good mom to her means that I need to (1) model obedience to God and follow His clear call to me, and (2) do my part to guard her and others against the evil and injustice in this world.

As I am doing my last bit of preparation for this trip, I feel ready. I am reminded that I am literally doing God's work and that there is a much bigger picture that I cannot even begin to understand. I also feel that going to Cambodia to do work related to human trafficking is staring into the mouth of evil: a country that is 1% Christian with people who are willing to treat innocent children as no better than garbage. So, please pray for my heart to be open to whatever opportunities God presents, for me to be able to effectively communicate God's grace and mercy in both word and action, for me to be able to put aside my comparably insignificant daily concerns so that I can be totally in the Spirit, for safety, health and rest, for insulation against spiritual attack, and for direction on how to more fully engage on the issue of human trafficking.

Thank you for your continued prayer and support. Each of your emails has been an encouragement and I will be printing them and taking them with me for when I need a little spiritual pick-me-up. And thank you to each of you who have offered to bring meals to Matt and A while I am gone!

1 comment:

  1. WaumbaLand has been teaching their charges about God's superheroes. You have taken on this mantle with this mission. You are being one of God's super heroines!

    ReplyDelete