I am having what can only be described as a crippling anxiety about leaving Matt and A for two whole weeks! Logically, I know that this should not be that big of a deal, but emotionally I am really struggling, especially because we will be out of communication for most of the time. To put it in perspective, I get weepy on business trips that last longer than one night. I know this is what God wants me to do, but somehow it is not as easy as just hopping on a plane.
I've been trying to get that anxious feeling to go away by baking and stocking the freezer with food for while I am gone and crossing off highly nonessential items from my around-the-house to-do list (euro sham stuffers for our bed - check!). Matt has been the model husband, indulging my whims and speaking my love language by planning a date night for just the two of us, and taking on more than his fair share of house work to let me spend quality time with A. But, the anxiety (or we could also call it Satan's attack) about leaving is not lessened. The truth is - and unfortunately this is a lesson that I have to relearn more often than I would like to admit - the only way to combat it is to trust God to meet all my needs and all their needs, to submit to God, and to trust that His will - whatever it may be - is good and perfect. Romans 12:2.
Thank you to my good friend Rebecca for prying me from the stove yesterday, getting me out of the house to try to relax on the beautiful Fall day that God provided and to begin recognize my to-do list for what it is - unnecessary and an interference with spiritual preparations.
Please pray for peace in the knowledge of God's provision, for a calm spirit, and for me to be able to shut out the unimportant so that I can use this last week to spend time with God and put my spiritual house in order.
Please comment or email me with any Scripture verses that you think would be helpful on this topic. I appreciate your continued prayers!
Ahhh, but how I love Euro Shams! Also, obviously I like Matthew 26:25-33 (after all, they named the book after me) especially the last verse: "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you"(NASB). Philippians 4:4-8.
ReplyDeleteI think it's great how both sections not only tell us not to worry, but both also end with something we are to do - seek his kingdom and dwell on things that are true, honorale, right, pure, lovely, of good repute, things excellent and worth of praise.
I know it's a tough battle, you are not fighting alone and I will always love you.
Have I not commanded you, be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified. Do not be discouraged for the Lord Your God will be with you, wherever you may go! Joshua 1:9
ReplyDelete